Call for papers: ‘Language MOOCs and OERs: new trends and challenges’ Naples, Italy, 28-29 September 2023 (deadline June 17th, 2023)
The University of Naples L’Orientale together with Federazione Nazionale Insegnanti Centro di iniziativa per l’Europa (FENICE), as one of the partners of the project “Romance Languages for Slavic-Speaking University Students” (LMOOC4Slav) funded by the Erasmus+ Programme, invite you to attend the Second International Conference on “Language MOOCs and OERs: new trends and challenges”, to be held in Naples (Italy) on 28-29 September 2023.
The conference aims to bring together higher education professionals, applied linguists, and language technologists working on issues related to language learning and teaching, namely: MOOCs, OERs, new approaches in language teaching and learning, academic mobility, linguistic description of languages, linguistic diversity, language for specific purposes, digital transformation in Education and new educational technologies, new collaboration projects, multiculturalism, and initiatives and developments related to these areas supported by European and national programmes.
Call for Abstracts (deadline: June 17th, 2023)
We particularly encourage proposals on, but not limited to, the following areas related to the conference themes:
- MOOCs – design, learning, teaching, quality assurance, etc.
- OER / OEP for language learning and teaching
- Pedagogical approaches in LMOOCs and OERs
- MOOCs and OERs for language teachers: new tools for professional development
- LMOOCs and skills development
- MOOCs to support multilingualism and international Mobility
- LMOOCs and learners’ motivation and achievement
- Validation and certification of language skills acquired through MOOCs
- Monitoring and evaluating of language learning with technologies
- Assessing students’ linguistic meta-competences in MOOCs
- Assessing LMOOCs
- Mobile-assisted language teaching and learning
- Informal language learning and technologies
- Virtual classrooms, eLearning, and ePortfolio
- Technologies and/or Multimedia for Languages for Specific Purposes (LSP)
- Learning strategies development through online environments/platforms
Contributors are invited for a 20-minute presentation or poster. The submitted contributions will be selected through a double-blind review based on their originality, technical quality and correspondence. Conference presentations and posters can be in Italian, English or Portuguese. The conference will take place in Naples at the Congress Centre of the University L’Orientale, in via Chiatamone, 61. Participation is free of charge for all participants, with or without communication. Yet, registration on the conference is mandatory for all.
More information about the call for proposals, the conference team, the important dates, the submission guidelines, the contribution template and the conference venue, can be found in the website in three languages (EN, IT, PT) at: https://www.lmooc4slav.eu/conferences.php
Submitted abstracts within the deadline June 17th, 2023 will be selected in double-blind peer review mode based on originality, technical quality, and presentation. Abstracts may be submitted in English, Italian or Portuguese. Interested parties will be contacted by 15 July 2023.
The works selected by the Scientific Committee will be considered for publication in the Proceedings of the Conferences LMOOC4Slav, to be published at the Perugia Foreigners University Press (https://www.unistrapg.it/node/463) in an open access volume equipped with an ISBN. The volume is valid as a scientific publication for all authors.
Any queries, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org