European Certificate in
The new EUROLTA online course “INTENSIVE” will start in March 2023.
4th March / 1st April / 15th April / 29th April
20th May / 3rd June / 17th June / 1st July
“I have participated in the online Eurolta course (Certificate in Language teaching to Adults) and the course was very useful. The instructors were experienced trainers, with excellent teaching skills and perfect knowledge of the material covered, using a lot of interactive methods and videos about teaching strategies.
Mrs. Tatjana Kovac was incredible, very knowledgeable, experienced, methodical, and wonderful. I recommend the course to anyone interested in improving his/her teaching skills.
Thank you very much for all I have learned from you!
Mona Pologea, Linguist”
What is EUROLTA?
EUROLTA (European Certificate in Language Teaching to Adults) is an internationally recognized teacher training program to train you to teach languages using up–to-date methodologies. The EUROLTA certificate is developed, issued and recognised by the ICC, a network of leading institutions of adult education in Europe and around the world.
Why take EUROLTA?
- to gain the skills and knowledge you need as a language teacher
- to make you a more confident and more competent language teacher
- to enhance your employment prospects
Who can take EUROLTA?
EUROLTA is designed for
- those who wish to enter the profession of language teaching and gain a teaching qualification.
- those who have only little language teaching experience and feel they need to upgrade their teaching skills.
- those who have some years of teaching experience and want to exchange ideas with colleagues from many countries in order to update their views on teaching and learning.
What makes EUROLTA different from other teaching qualifications?
- EUROLTA is open to teachers of all languages.
- EUROLTA is practical and flexible.
- EUROLTA is learner-centred based on reflection on one´s own teaching practice.
How long is EUROLTA Online?
- Eurolta online is a part- time course of 120 hours, consisting of
- 80 hours live synchronous sessions with a tutor
- 40 hours self-study for extra reading, lesson planning and the writing of assignments.
What are the core teaching areas of EUROLTA?
- Language Analysis
- Language and Culture
- Language Learning
- Language Teaching
- Planning and Evaluation
- Self-Assessment and Development
What are the dates for the 2022 Autumn course?
EUROLTA consists of 8 modules which are taught as Saturday sessions (09.00 – 18.00)
Module 1 22nd October 2022
Module 2 19th November 2022
Module 3 10th December 2022
Module 4 14th January 2023
Module 5 4th February 2023
Module 6 25th February 2023
Module 7 18th March 2023
Module 8 8th April 2023
What do you learn?
You learn how to …..
- teach grammar and vocabulary effectively
- teach the four skills of speaking, listening, writing and reading
- teach learning strategies
- plan lessons
- manage a classroom
- deal with challenging situations
- analyse language for teaching purposes
- find, adapt and design teaching materials
- correct and when to correct
- deal with a mixed- ability class
- integrate language games in the classroom
- assess your learners
- integrate brain- friendly activities in your teaching
- use authentic material in class
- provide students with meaningful language practice
- give learners constructive feedback
- develop your teaching skills
What are the benefits of EUROLTA Online?
- Convenience: you can work from the comfort of your home
- Accessibility: from any part of the world
- Lower cost than face to face: no accommodation or travel costs.
- 100% online using Zoom video conferencing platform and the Moodle learning platform
- Intensive support by your tutors and personal mentoring throughout the course
How are you assessed?
by a portfolio containing
- the online task assignments
- four final written assignments (each 1000 – 1500 words)
- observed teaching practice with your peers
- observed teaching practice in a ‘real’ classroom
The EUROLTA training programmes offered under this scheme reflect a modern approach to language teaching and teacher training. A dossier, recording progress throughout the training, reflection on increasing competence and overall achievement in foreign language teaching to adults forms the basis of the assessment.
What does the course cost?
The whole course costs:
- 850 € including certification
- 750 € if you book three weeks
before the first session starts.
- payments in installments possible
What are the entry requirements?
- English language proficiency at B2 – C1 level
- C1 language proficiency in the language you teach
Who are the tutors?
The EUROLTA tutors are experts in their field and experienced teacher trainers in an online environment.
Helen Bulluck was born in Belfast, Northern Ireland. She moved to Germany after studying Education and Educational Psychology at Queens University and the Open University. She teaches business, general and technical English at two universities and in a number of international companies. She has been involved as a EUROLTA trainer, assessor and observer since 2002.
Ifigenia Georgiadou is the director of the Hellenic Culture Centre (HCC). She graduated from the Faculty of Philosophy in the Athens Kapodistrian University. She holds a Master Degree from the Transnational Postgraduate Programme of the University of Athens and the University of London on “Education and Human Rights”. She has been teaching Greek as a foreign language for more than 35 years. She has written several books and articles on teaching Modern Greek as a foreign language. She is a teacher trainer certified by the ICC International Language Association and member of its Board. She has been involved in more than 20 research projects on education, teaching and learning Greek, culture and online learning at national and European level.
Tatjana Kovac works as a Director of Studies at “St Nicolas School”, based in Belgrade, Serbia. She has been involved in ELT for over 20 years as a teacher, trainer, recruiter and examiner. She holds a BA in English language and literature and an MA in Applied Linguistics as well as a number of certifications for ESL Teachers such as FTBE, CELTA and DELTA. She has given a number of teacher training workshops and presented at conferences
Patricia Wolmer is a teacher trainer and DELTA certified CELTA tutor. For the most part of her career she worked as Director of Studies at Cultura Inglesa language schools in Brazil, where she had the chance to oversee teacher training and teacher language programmes for public school teachers and undergraduate students. She holds both a TESOL MA and an English Language and Linguistics MA from University of Westminster and more recently, she has been involved in re-training language teachers to teach effectively in the Online environment.
What is the EUROLTA Certificate?
It is a certificate developed, issued and recognised by the ICC, a network of leading institutions of adult education in Europe and around the world.
The EUROLTA Certificate is awarded to people who are professionals in the demanding field of teaching languages to adults.
If you hold a EUROLTA Certificate you have demonstrated that you have the knowledge and skills necessary to plan, teach and evaluate your language classes within your institutional context:
- you can adapt your institution’s course programme to meet the collective and individual needs and preferences of your group
- you can select and adapt from the teaching materials available
- you command a wide range of teaching skills and techniques and you can apply these appropriately in your teaching context to the learning preferences of your learners and their cultural background
- you are guided by a well grounded understanding of language and language acquisition; in particular, you are familiar with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Teaching, Learning, Assessment (CEFR) and its model for describing communicative competence
- you have also demonstrated a professional self-awareness that enables you to plan and achieve your further professional development