Examinations in English, German, Italian and French as foreign languages certified by the ICC
The Panhellenic Federation of Foreign Language School Owners (PALSO) is a non-profit organization with headquarters in Athens. PALSO has a membership of 40 Associations of Language School Owners, throughout Greece. The Associations have a total of 3000 members.
One of the goals is to improve foreign language teaching and to enhance students’ capability to respond to modern social demands as expressed in the international ideals of the European Community for communication and cooperation among member states.
The PALSO organization conducts the LAAS (PALSO) exams once a year, in approximately 90 major Greek cities.
For more information, please visit the website www.palso.gr
2, Likavitou & Akadimias str,
Examinations in Swedish as a foreign language certified by the ICC
A surprising number of people learn Swedish as a foreign language to be able to work or study in Sweden. Many others who live outside Sweden have contacts with Sweden or with Swedish companies and need to be able to communicate in Swedish. So, for an increasing number of people, it has become important to be able to document their knowledge of Swedish. And the Swedex examinations provide an opportunity for them to prove their competence in the language.
- are international examinations in Swedish as a foreign language
- certify practical language skills in Swedish
- test all language skills
- are related to the Council of Europe level of attainment
- are available at two levels: A2 and B1 on the scale of levels of the CEF
- can be taken in Sweden and other countries no matter where you have learnt Swedish.
For more information, please visit the Swedex website:
Examination in foreign language competence for the Hospitality and Tourism Industries certified by the ICC
Accueil was created within the framework of a European project supported by the LEONARDO vocational training programme of the European Commission and the Swiss Federal Ministry of Education and Science.
The ICC together with institutions from seven European countries set out to define common standards for foreign language competence in the hospitality and tourism industries. The result of this co-operation was an examination system whose main features are:
- a suite of accueil examinations in English, French and German.
- close-to-life accueil testing of exclusively occupationally relevant language use.
- a flexible, modular accueil system which allows further developments based on the specific, occupational needs of the hospitality and tourism industries.
- accueil test modules are related to the scales of competence defined in the Common European Framework of the Council of Europe.
- the accueil certificate testifies to the successful candidate’s language skills in terms of ‘can do’ statements.
- dates of examinations can be determined individually by accueil Test Centres.
For more information please contact: